Sunday, January 20, 2013

We could learn a lot from crayons....


"Some are sharp, some are pretty and some are dull. Some have weird names and all are different colors, but they all have to live in the same box."
And, I would like to add: the worn and broken ones are often the most loved. Remember your treasured metallics? 
My dear friend Donna shared this in a 2013 wish. Definitely worth a share!
Digression 1:
If you're one of those of "another colour" - I believe personality tests classify this as "orange" (or was it "gold"?) you might relate to  "The Crayon Fascist"  blog entry. I say "other" because, as my husband frequently reminds me, I tested at the extreme opposite end of that profile. 

Digression 2:
A rose is not a rose...
On Wiki there is a list of Crayola crayon colour names. 
Or maybe you'd like to check out the  Benjamin Moore listings - my first two clicks led me to "Veranda View" and "Peppermint".
If you're looking for something a little more Canadian, check out Homestead House Paints.

And on and on...
Isn't colour a wonderful thing? When I think "youth literature", I remember the wonderfully illustrated  but now out of print  "The Paintbox Sea" and the short novel "The Giver" by Lois Lowry. Classics.

Search This Blog